Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

August 2016 Empties

Alrighty, I'm back to writing these ahead of time as I use up products which makes my life SO MUCH EASIER like... firstly I remember the product better and secondly I don't have to do as much at month's end

1. Sheet Masks Galore
-Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Mask x9- LOVE. Absolute adoration and love for this mask. Firstly, it smells like dipping your face into a honey pot... which to me is just delightful but I had to avoid trying to lick it. It left my skin feeling soothed, hydrated, nourished, calmed, pampered. ALL THE GOOD THINGS!!! This is definitely a favorite of mine.
-Sephora Collection Lavender Foot Mask- This mask is really fantastic. Given the heat wave my feet swell and dry out massively and, because I also developed painful blisters, I needed major tlc! This really left my feet feeling soothed, refreshed, cooled-off, and hydrated. I think it's absolutely worth picking this up to have on hand for days when your dogs are barking.
-acwell Honey Wrinkle Mask - This had a somewhat thicker sheet and I thought I wasn't going to like it because I didn't like thicker sheet masks in the past but it was pretty nice and left my skin feeling really hydrated and refreshed. It smelled somewhat floral with a hint of honey and I wish it smelled more like actual honey the way the Papa Recipe ones do but oh well. It wasn't bad.
-acwell Drinks Purifying Mask - This mask was alright. It had nice serum to it but wasn't mind-blowing in any way.
- acwell Water Moisture Mask- This was pretty darn fantastic. It's super hydrating and feels nice on the skin. I'd pick up another one of these.
- Ariul Juice Cleanse Mask Raspberry & Lentil - This is really lovely. It's a super hydrating, fruity-scented mask that leaves your skin feeling like it's being bathed in silk. I just adore it. I really recommend giving it a try,
- Ariul Juice Cleanse Mask Kale & Grapefruit- I LOVED this mask. It smells like honey, which we all know I love with maybe a hint of lemon or something citrusy that's... not grapefruit. It smells really nice is what I'm getting at. It feels incredibly hydrating and left my skin looking super glowy. I dig it!
- Bonvivant Botanical Mask Pack Sodium Hyaluronate + Lotus - This was a pretty nice face mask. It stayed super moist, even after I took it off, they're generous with the serum here. It left my skin looking and feeling super moisturized and plump/juicy. I like it a lot. It has a nice herbal/floral scent which I enjoy as well.

2. Sephora Collection Instant Nail Polish Remover Wipes x2: I like to use these on my feet and the dippy kind for the hands, mostly because the actual liquid seems to no longer be available. Anywho, no t no shade, this stuff works really great and is quite generously sized, the only downside is that it dries somewhat quick but if you work fast you can actually get both feet/hands done with one wipe which I think is pretty economical. I think this is good stuff and definitely worth getting your hands on.

3. Bath and Body Works 24 Hour Moisture Ultra Shea Body Cream in Plumeria: This is a really nicely moisturizing body cream with a sweet, exotic plumeria scent. I really like it a lot.

4. MAC Brush Cleanser: I really liked to use this as a pre-cleanse before washing my brushes. I feel like it removes a lot of residue off your brushes and dries fairly quickly. It also makes deep-cleaning brushes go by much faster. 

5.  Lather Ultra Light Face Lotion: I had a few issues with this outside of it having been delivered to me with the top busted open, which made it difficult to dispense. I loved the rose scent of this but found it to be the furthest thing from "ultra light", in my opinion it was a pretty intense hydrating cream and was kind of on the thicker side of things. That said, this might've happened because the top was busted open and it dried out somewhat, thereby becoming thick. I shall never know.

6. Sephora Collection False Eye Lashes in Celebrity: These are Sephora's bestselling lashes and... why? Like... I don't get it. They do not do anything. There I said it. When I glue them on it's like gluing a pair of my own lashes, if they were perfect and not clumpy, on top of my own lashes. Like you can hardly tell a difference which is like... why even bother? There are lashes that look natural but at least give you a little "something-something" I mean... if you're going through the effort to apply lashes, shouldn't they at least do SOMETHING? Just saying. 

7. Dove Go Fresh Cool Moisture Body Wash in Cucumber & Green Tea Scent: I feel I go through one of these every month. It's great for shaving and leaves my skin feeling pretty moisturized and does what I want it to do. I wish that bulk packs of this came in multiple scents together so you could get variety though. This one smells pretty good - really clean and soothing, very summer-rain esque.

8. Pampers Sensitive Fragrance Free Baby Wipes: As mentioned in previous empties I use these for removing swatches and for random cleaning around the house. We got them in bulk at BJ's. My real issue with these is that the tips of them tend to dry out when they sit in the plastic box and in general they tend to dry once they hit the air way faster than the Rite Aid Tugaboos wipes which is disappointing. They are really plush and soft which is nice. I find that if I have the box upside down then they don't dry out.

9. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Hawain Kukui: I love these scrubs so much! This smelled really nice and feels really gritty and exfoliating, kind of has a nice awakening effect. I dig it. 

10. MAC Viva Glam Lipstick in Gaga 2: This was entirely too nude for me so I kept it in my kit but now it smells like crayons and nastiness so it's time to say goodbye.

11.  GlamGlow GravityMud Firming Treatment : I was sad to see this go, this mask smells really nice, gives my skin a bit of a lift and firmness, and left it feeling super smooth and hydrated. It was pretty good stuff but I don't think I'll be running out to get it.

12. Crystal Pure Glycerin Soap in Honeysuckle: My friend got this for me and it's a really nice soap. Foams up beautifully and leaves your skin feeling soft. I give it a thumbs up. As far as scent it smells pretty clean and like a basic bar soap. I was pretty happy with it but it wasn't intense honeysuckle or anything.

13.  Lancome Visionnaire Nuit Beauty Sleep Perfector: This was a really nice night cream. It left my skin very soft and smooth. I can't really speak to any anti-aging benefits because I've yet to see aging concerns. Fingers crossed here.

14. Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner: I feel like I've had this forever. I really like this toner because it's pretty lightweight and doesn't irritate my skin. However, generally speaking, I prefer the nourishing and hydrating benefits of Korean/Asian toners.

15. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Amazon Pequi: I love, love, love these scrubs! They're so gritty and wake-you-up scrubby it's great, especially because I'm a morning shower-er. This has a really fruity, somewhat sweet-sour scent which is really fantastic. I dig it a lot and think it's worth looking into.

16. 100% Naive Rose Body Wash: This has a lovely apple-like rose scent, was moisturizing, and foamed up really nicely. I think it's pretty good stuff. Definitely worth a look if you see it around.

17. OCC Lip Tar in Black Metal Dahlia :This color is absolutely gorgeous but this has developed a weird scent so I have to toss it.

18. Eternal Essence Ocean Breeze Scent Oil: This was a pretty nice, clean, ocean air scented essential oil that I used in my diffuser, really refreshing and mermaid-like. 

19. Bite Beauty Creme Lipgloss in Opal: Again, beautiful color, but smells downright like feet. This smelled really nice when I first got it so... :/

20. MAC Lipglass in Clear: The next few lip items are going to be goners from the collection because they have gone bad and smell funky now. This is one of them.

21. OCC Lip Tar in Harlot: Smells funky.

22. OCC Lip Tar in Tared : Smells funky.

23.OCC Lip Tar in Rx: Smells funky.

24. OCC Lip Tar in Traffic: Smells funky.

25. OCC Lip Tar in Feathered : Smells funky.

26. Makeup Forever Mist & Fix : I really like this setting spray because it really locks my makeup in place and keeps it on all day, it's great for foiling on shadows or applying them wet and for applying glitter.

27. Fortune Cookie Soap Steam Me Up Scotty! in Pit of Despair : This was my first time ever using a shower fizzy so I didn't know what to expect. Perhaps in my being wary of this melting I stuck it on the windowsill of the shower (which is by the stream of the shower but not directly in the stream) and this fizzed a little but didn't melt too much, like it's something that given the way I placed it would last for a few showers. In its not fizzing much it kind of didn't give off much of a scent or steam or... anything unless my nose was pretty much in direct contact with it. It smells really nice but I just don't know how to feel about it as I don't see this type of product having major benefits unless I was using it wrong.

28. Bumble and Bumble BB Curl Sulfate Free Shampoo : This shampoo is really fantastic. Despite being sulfate free it produces a wonderful lather and makes my hair feel clean yet beautifully conditioned, not stripped, and doesn't affect my color either. I dig it. I think it might be worth investing in because I don't wash my hair super often (about once or twice a week) and this really makes my hair look and feel healthy.

29. JulieG Tangerine Dream : This nail polish is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately it's all dried up and goopy. Time to say goodbye. 

30. Living Proof Style Lab Straight Styling Hairspray : This is supposed to be a heat-activated hairspray that also gives you heat protection. It's pretty much designed to be used on damp hair with heat tools. That said I'm a rebel and used this as hairspray, as usual, for frizz, flyaways, and to scrunch my hair. It worked really well and didn't take away from my natural curly texture when used that way. Funny enough I really can't speak to its heat-activated straightening properties because I never used it for that purpose. Talk about awkward. I haven't straightened my hair since maybe one time in February and that's because currently it's too hot for heat styling and honestly I don't mind my hair being curly. *shrug*

31. Secret Clear Gel Antiperspirant/Deodorant in Hawaii Citrus Breeze: This smelled nice and worked pretty well overall. That said I don't think I'll be buying the gel formula again because it kind of likes to make a mess of the applicator and, because I shave my pits, it kind of stings a little bit at times. Not fun.

32. Health & Beauty Luxury Bath Salts in Rose: I like to keep bath salts around to soak my feet in because I don't really use them in the actual bath much... nor do I make the time to take actual baths all that often. That said, my feet swell occasionally, especially when the weather is hot and I like to soak them when the swelling gets a bit out of hand... or foot :P In any case, this is made of dead sea salt which really helps nourish the skin and reduce swelling. This smelled lovely and turned my water a lovely rose shade as well, a plus.

33. Lancome Paris Energie de Vie The Smoothing and Glow Boosting Liquid Care : This packet only had two uses in it but this was a really nice serum product. It adds a nice boost of moisture and a glow to the skin. I really enjoy the Energie de Vie line and this is no exception. I'd look into it.

34. JulieG Mistletoe : This nail polish is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately it's getting to the dry and goopy stage. I painted my nails with it and it set very poorly and moved around a lot despite having an hour and a half to dry. Sad times. 

35. Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift + Retinol : I really liked this at first but, to be honest, I felt like over time it was drying out my skin more than it was hydrating it and wasn't giving me a really nice soft effect. :/ At such a high price point I most likely won't buy this.

36. Demeter Roll-On Perfume Oil in Pixie Dust: Oh the memories. My beautiful fairy friend said I smelled delicious when I first wore this and now the said fairy friend is in LA. In any case I've been liking this a lot lately because it has such a lovely fresh, sweet scent. It will be missed.

37. LUSH Rose Jam Bubbleroon: This smelled absolutely amazing - it has a very beautiful honey rose scent and left my bathwater silky and LOADED with thick, gorgeous bubbles that lasted fairly well... longer than other bubble-bath type products and with a much thicker, richer consistency. This also left my skin feeling super silky, moisturized and smelling beautiful. I didn't have an issue with this leaving my bathtub dirty but I only used half of the bubbleroon per bath and that was plenty for me.

38. Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Cleansing Gel : I felt that this was very deep cleaning which is nice but honestly would most likely be drying on my skin if I used it long term. It was nice to have a sample to try out though.

39. Laura Mercier Flawless Sin Infusion De Rose Nourishing Oil : I loved this oil. It smells wonderful and I loved mixing it in with serums to make them moisturizing, it add a gorgeous silkiness to them. I would say it's absolutely worth checking this out. 

40. Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Conditioner : This is really nicely hydrating to the hair without being heavy or oily. I think it's a really awesome conditioner and would definitely look into it. It smells pretty good to boot.

41. Sally Hansen Problem Cuticle Remover: A mani/pedi staple to keep my cuticles in line and from looking raggedy. I like this one in particular because it's super hydrating and leaves the nails feeling refreshed. Good times.

42. Tree Hut Firming Sugar Scrub in Italian Mocha: One of my favorite scrubs ever! This smells like a delicious chocolate coffee treat and is super scrubby so it wakes you up in the morning and leaves your skin smooth and ready to be shaved. I give it a big thumbs up.

43. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 45 : This powder is really fantastic. It gives a really nice coverage - I'd say light-medium and works really well for setting liquid foundations as well while also giving you a really smooth-looking finish. This is, hands down, one of my favorite face powders and I'd highly recommend giving it a try.

44. Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Deep Cleansing Hand Soap : A classic hand soap in a classic scent. This works really well to wash your hands with, it foams up nicely, it cleanses well, it smells pretty good. No complaints here. 

45. Sephora Collection Lashes in Astonish : I liked these lashes so much, they're a good mix of natural but with some flair to them, some va-va-voom. So they give you a pop to your look. I definitely recommend them. Sadly, mine got gunky so it was time to say goodbye. 

46. Bath & Body Works Sun-Ripened Raspberry 24 Hour Moisture Ultra Shea Body Cream: This smelled nice and worked pretty well overall. It's a very rich body cream and I love the scent because it hearkens back to my younger days, lol, that makes me sound ancient. This doesn't work the best for the heels but for the rest of my feet it moisturizes very well and I'm happy with it.

47. Jurlique Nutri-Defense with Biosome5 Eye Contour Balm: In all honesty I found this eye cream to be somewhat too thick/rich for my liking.

48. Missha Signature Real Complete BB Cream : This packet hardly even had one use in it so it's hard to say much. In general I wish this had a bit more coverage but other than that it was pretty decent.

49. Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream : This was  a fairly rich, hydrating face cream. Personally I found it a bit to heavy but perhaps it's because it's summertime. 

50. Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Lotion Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 20 : This stuff was really lovely. I love tea scented things and this smells absolutely delicious and has a really lightweight, hydrating feel to it. You don't really get that traditional sunscreen feel which I really appreciate.

51. Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk x2: This is a blend of water and argan oil. Personally I find it a bit too rich for this time of year but it hydrates really nicely and leaves the skin with a gorgeous healthy glow.

52. Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Shampoo: This is a lovely shampoo. It smells really nice and leaves the hair feeling clean but also super hydrated. I like it a lot.

53. Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask : This mask is really nice in that it's deep cleansing but leaves the skin feeling really soft and nourished afterward. That said its effects really reminded me of the WondeRuci Cacao Brightening Mask, and for a fraction of the price and a lovely chocolate scent, I may just have to be biased and pick up the chocolate one.

54. Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay : This mask was absolutely fantastic. It feels super cleansing but also really nourishing at the same time. It left my skin feeling really smooth, amazing and has nice little scrubbing beads in it to smooth. I would really consider checking it out. They do sell it in a tiny size if you want to give it a try, which is really nice.

55. the Estee edit by Estee Lauder Dissolve the Drama 2-in-1 Makeup Remover + Cleanser : I'm not particularly a fan of this. It felt oily, which is fine for cleansing oils, but in a heavy, unpleasant kind of way. As for makeup removal, I used a wipe after this and it left quite a bit of residue behind. I wasn't very pleased.

56. Yankee Candle Tahitian Tiare Flower Tart: This stuff smelled SO GOOD! Like a really pricey perfume, it smells really fresh, exotic, and luxurious. I loved it.

57. Yankee Candle Lilac Petals Tart: This is another scent that I really adore. It has a really nice throw as well. This just smells like springtime to me, a lovely fresh, clean scent. I give it a big thumbs up. 

58. NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer in Vanilla: This is one of my favorite under-eye concealers. It has a really lovely coverage and consistency which blends beautifully into the under-eye area. I give it a thumbs up.

59. Dr. Jart + Ceramidin Liquid: I am so sad to be out of this. In my experience it truly did replenish moisture in my skin and encouraged it to repair itself and heal better.  I noticed a lot of the redness I complain about frequently was being soothed and was kind of disappearing. I highly recommend this as a serum product.

60. The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Mango Seed Lip Care 01 Pomegranate : I feel like this ended so abruptly. One day I'm using this and then like... it just ended. This was really nice and silkening without being too heavy. It smelled fruity and nice. I liked it quite a bit. 

61. OCC Lip Tar in Hoochie : This, like the other lip tars has developed a very plastic-y scent and sadly it's time to say goodbye.

62. Beauty Blender - the original: Man this guy looks like it's been through a lot - and it has. Since I learned to only blend, not apply makeup with this I was able to keep it clean and in good condition for about 6 months but it's time to let it go. 

63. bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB advanced performance cream eyeshadow in Soft Linen : This is a really pretty soft fair flesh-tone with a lot of subtle gold shimmer to it. I used it mainly as a primer and it worked alright for that. My inner corners creased a bit but that, sadly, is common for me no matter what primer I use. I did like it alright but I'm not sure that I'll be jogging to the store to replace it.

64. Rahua Conditioner This was nice in that it was very hydrating and left my hair feeling and looking soft and silky. That said, I really don't like how this smells and won't go out and buy it.

65. Briogeo Curl Charisma Leave-In Defining Cream: I would say that this is pretty alright as a styling cream to add a boost of moisture and to tame fly-aways but I don't find that it does anything spectacular for my curls in particular or makes them look more defined or curly or anything like that. :/

66. Lancer Dani Glowing Skin Perfector: This is $95... wth... honestly I didn't find it to be all that. It didn't add much glow to my skin, it felt kind of... drying? Not smooth? To me... wow. I used this as a primer and it worked ok and everything but for more of a glowing primer I'd much rather go with Becca, Burberry, or Clarins which are all... not $95. Just saying. 

67. Dove Dry Oil Moisture Nourishing Body Wash I used this to shave with and it's nice and has a really lovely scent but I would be lying if I said I found it super moisturizing. In fact my skin seemed dried than usual when I was using this :/ I definitely needed lotion after I shaved my legs with this.

68. Skin Inc Pure Revival Peel: This worked well but I think $55 is a steep price to pay for a 2 month supply of product. At least, in my case, I felt as though I needed quite a bit of this to get a good exfoliation/peel going. I like the idea of it but I think I can most likely find a similar product at a lower price point.

69. Kate Somervile Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream: I really wanted to try this out for a while and thought I'd like it a lot and it would be really soothing and nourishing. In my experience this is somewhat too lightweight for my taste. I like it, but I'm not in love with it. 

70. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Night Cream: This had a beautiful rose scent to it. However, it's very rich and I might really like it in the wintertime but seeing as how it's hot and humid right now it's somewhat too heavy for my liking.

71. Fortune Cookie Soaps Drop. Your. Sword. Soap: Ok I'm going to start out with the good and go to the bad. To begin with, this soap smelled absolutely wonderful, it had a beautiful caramel/honey apple scent that I just adored. It lathered well, to start but as I used the soap it kind of fell apart really badly and I used up the whole thing (except for when parts of it fell off into the sink and melted :/) within two weeks. I mean $4 for this isn't exactly cheap, you can go and get a bar soap for the same price. :/ I feel like I expected more from this. That said I see it does come as a bar soap and perhaps it would work better as a solid rather than the fortune cookie shape. :/

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Lancome, GlamGlow, Bite Beauty, Living Proof, Skin Inc and bareMinerals. The Bumble and Bumble packets, Lancome packet, Peter Thomas Roth, Missha, Fresh, Josie Maran, Origins, the Estee edit, Rahua, Briogeo, Lancer, Kate Somerville and Jurlique were provided as gifts-with-purchase. The Crystal soap, Yankee Candle Tahitian Tiare Flower tart and Eternal Essence oil were gifts from friends. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar