Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Laura Geller: First Impressions and Raves


Laura Geller is not a brand that crosses my mind often when I think about purchasing some new makeup. The packaging is not exciting and not many bloggers or Youtubers tend to talk about the brand either. A few weeks ago I was eyeing the new products tab on Ulta and some Laura Geller kits caught my eye. I didn't make a purchase because I wasn't familiar with the brand and didn't want to regret a rash purchase. It just so happens that in my new part time job I had the opportunity to hear some Laura Geller educators speak and received some best sellers as gratis. In terms of first impressions, I am blown away by the quality of the products which are reasonably priced and wholly underrated. 


Spackle is Laura Geller's primer range and comes in a variety of finishes. I have the regular version which goes on mostly clear. If you look very closely there are some iridescent shimmers but you can't feel them on the skin or see it on the face. This primer is very light and is reminiscent of the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer which a lot of people enjoy. I like that this sinks into the skin and feels almost like skincare rather than a layer of makeup that clogs pores. 


Laura Geller's baked line is stunning and I am coveting more pieces from this collection as I type. I have the Balance-N-Brighten Foundation in Medium and it is a smidgen darker than my current complexion although I think it will be perfect by August. The powder is very smooth and it does not look cakey after buffing several layers onto my skin. Of course the coverage is not as high as a liquid would provide but it evens out my skintone naturally and is very comfortable to wear. I am digging the Blush-N-Brighten in Pink Buttercream as it is the perfect shade of pink for my coloring. The shimmers are very refined and impart a soft focus effect on my cheekbones. The mini I have is a third of the full size but a little goes a long way so this will surely last me ages. Then there's the Baked Marble Eyeshadow Duo in Rome/Milan. On one side you have a champagne marbled with bronze and on the other is a swirl of purple and blue. The lighter shade swatches into a stunning light gold that will work on all skintones and the darker shade actually turns into a flattering lilac.


Just about every beauty company has launched their own version of the chubby lip pencil and I'm honestly not lured in by them anymore. But the Laura Geller Love Me Dew Moisturizing Lip Crayon in Purple Currant might be changing my mind. This smells like my favorite Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick and moisturizes like it as well. The Laura Geller version is a little more opaque and I love the purply pink shade although I don't often pull of cool tones well. These come in a three pack for only $25 which I have on my wishlist at the moment. 

My words can't do these products justice so you'll have to tune into the video below to see swatches!


Have you tried anything from Laura Geller? What products would you be most interested in testing from the brand?

*The products mentioned in this post were samples provided by Birchbox for job training and are in no way related to this blog. All opinions are 100% my own. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar